I like to make lists. Sometimes I even make them on this blog. Mostly, I make them in my diary, on the back of old bills that I really need to get round to paying, on white boards and in notebooks. Occasionally, I will work through one of the lists. Mostly, I write them and worry about the contents. Today though, I thought I'd write some lists of reflection.
The best things of 2006:
- M asking me to move in with him and then finding our darling (and grotty - or as Mum put it, 'genteelly shabby') flat in Primrose Hill;
- Starting my first proper non-temping job after university. And sticking at it for an entire year;
- Spending my first ever Christmas with M;
- Joining the Fulham Women's Institute;
- Starting my blog;
- Writing again and having an article published, thus leading to a 'job' as a MarmaReporter;
- Curing myself of my weekly magazine fix and reducing my monthly magazine intake to my Vogue subscription (and the occasional issue of Tatler);
- Being told by a designer friend that she liked my style and asking me to be her fitting model for part of her collection;
- Realising that, financial issues aside, I'm actually happy.
- Discovering that our flat was not as secure as I thought it might be;
- Receiving at least 20 rejection letters/e mails and the subsequent thought that I probably had enough of them in total to publish a book, at least in volume;
- Not doing enough to remedy my financial situation to a satisfactory level;
- Not acquiring a Training Contract.
And for 2007?
- Find a Training Contract;
- Write a weekly article for Marmaladya;
- Sort out finances, filing, tidying and generally get life in order;
- Blog daily (subject to computer) and increase readership (perhaps by writing something more exciting than lists);
- Visit Marrakesh;
- Pursue my hobbies to a greater extent and spend more time surfing & sailing;
- Finish A's Christmas scarf;
- Get up earlier;
- Take more photographs and read more books;
- Stop worrying so much;
- Laugh more.