Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Will there be surf

Having looked at the surf report on Magic Seaweed it seems that there is some small surf, two to three foot depending on tide and location. Although its not that big, I'm sure we'll find somewhere that has got a bit of swell.

Am really looking foward to this holiday. Am feeling rather tired and worn out at the moment. I'm sure the hot and humid weather is not helping and that it is partly my damned period pains which won't seem to go away, but I have a longing for fresh air and the smell of the sea which is getting stronger. And means that my love for London is going through a bad patch; I still love Primrose Hill and all that London has to offer. I think perhaps I just need a holiday. I have had 10 days leave since christmas - 5 of them snowboarding - in addition to the two weeks sick leave I had to recover from my operation. This doesn't seem much in comparison to the time off that I had when I was a student. I have now been working a full time job for a year, but as July - December 2005 was temporary work and I could afford no time off, I have only had 10 days holiday in the past 12 months. So I'm very much looking forward to this one!

No comments: