Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Graduation

No post yesterday as I was attending my sister's Graduation ceremony. As I watched her walking across the stage to shake the Chancellor's hand - through a camera viewfinder in order to capture the moment for my father, who for reasons beyond his control, couldn't be there - I realised that the only thing I felt for Annie was proud. Proud that she had achieved a first, for all three years, proud that she had won a prize for best mark in her year - her 'hat-trick' - proud that she had overcome health issues to succeed and proud that I was there watching her. And also bloody annoyed that she had managed to achieve what I had never managed to. But thats the beauty of siblings. You can be proud of them, happy for them and secretly wish you'd managed it as well without it becoming an insurmountable problem.

No comments: