Monday, April 23, 2007

Training Contract

Was up at 7.30 this morning. By 8 I had eaten breakfast, washed my hair and was dressed in a suit and new shirt. Shoes newly polished and armed with a packed lunch, I left the house by 8.30am and started my first commute by tube since we moved to Primrose Hill. Today was the first day of my training contract.

My own office, files to read, notes to draft, law to desperately try and remember from my time at Law School. The first day of my Training Contract. Leaving work 'early' at 5.45pm. This is the way it will be from now on. Travelling to and from work squashed into a human sardine can which is usually known as the tube, wearing suits and shirts to work (and tights) every day regardless of the weather. Using my degree, my postgraduate qualifications and my brain on a hourly rather than occasional basis. It was great, but tiring. I must have read about 10 lever arches of material. Can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it went well today. Here's to more of the same!

Anonymous said...

Oh the joys of commuting in London-I do miss them. Can't you go bare-legged in summer?

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Congrats on the new training contract. Sounds very grownup:-)

PS so glad you liked Morocco. Yay!