Monday, February 05, 2007

Monday

I was hoping to post something about my views on whether or not a woman has a right to have a child, but it will have to wait for a couple of days as I am rather busy and I haven't had the time to research it properly. Was going to begin writing it yesterday but ended up participating in a marathon pool playing afternoon. Sunday started well. After my walk up to Parliament Hill on Hampstead Heath M cooked supper and we watched Pirates of the Carribean - Dead Man's Chest which was very enjoyable. We managed to get another reasonably early night and as we had friends over for lunch we got up early and finished off some clearing up. 8 of us crowded into the kitchen and had a beautiful meal of sausages, yorkshire pudding, bubble and squeak patties and salsa followed by cheese, biscuits and apple pie. Despite being rather full we headed to the pub to watch the football (or in my case, read the Sunday papers). Once the football ended we started playing pool and only stopped when we asked to leave. A lovely afternoon but what a mess at the flat!

So this evening after work I elected to come straight home work rather than attend the WI meeting (as I hadn't been feeling too well all afternoon) and make a start on the clearing up, so that we can relax properly. We are also about to eat - a far more reasonable time than usual - so I had better be off.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I shall look forward to your post on a woman's right to have children, I have a few controversial theories on that myself.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

yes, I am looking forward to that post, too! Not to put any pressure on you or anything...

Anonymous said...

I'd have thought a woman's right to have a child was self-evident, but I'll wait for the post. Perhaps I'm just being incredibly dim.
I think women have one big advantage over men- tuneless whistling. Men do it. Women (by and large) don't.

Anonymous said...

who cares what you think? do i have to repeat myself? and who really cares how many mates fit into your kitchen for christs sake!

Anonymous said...

honkman's a genius

Rachel said...

If you don't like it then there's really no need to keep reading...

Surely there are enough property and food orientated blogs to keep you entertained without needing to keep checking this one?

Anonymous said...

Bubble and squeak with salsa? Sounds like an interesting combination :) I think the major advantage women have over men is two X chromosomes. With comments like what you've been getting (Iain excluded)you can see that extra bit of dna allows you to do all sorts of things like remembering your name is not 'anonymous' when writing a comment and allowing you to only read blogs you're interested in!

I missed the WI meeting as well- apart from anything it was on iridology and I just wasn't in the mood for listening to any more pseudo-science. Looking forward to your entry on women and children- think it's going to prompt a lot of debate!

Anonymous said...

My honkman's a genius post was meant to be ironic.
And the tuneless whistling comment, Sarah, was serious. It drives me nuts.